KGBSD Food Service Plan during School Closure
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Beginning March 23rd and lasting for the extent of the school closure, KGBSD will be offering food service for children 18 years of age or younger at the following locations:
• Schoenbar Middle School
• Fawn Mountain Elementary
• Houghtaling Elementary
• Point Higgins Elementary
“Grab-n-go” meals will be provided at each facility Monday-Friday in drive-through style pick up ateach location during the following times:
FACILITY BREAKFAST & LUNCH PICK UP LUNCH & SNACK PICK UP
Schoenbar Middle School 7:30am-9:00am 11:30am-1:00pm
Houghtaling Elementary 8:30-10:00am 12pm-1:30pm
Fawn Mountain Elementary 8:30-10:00am 12pm-1:30pm
Point Higgins Elementary 7:30am-9:00am 11:30am-1:00pm
Owing to the need to social distance and keep KGBSD facilities clean and secure, meals will be offered in a drive through fashion, meaning parents, guardians, or caregivers can pull up to the curb at a designated entrance at each of the locations, and staff will come out to greet you at your vehicle, take names and meal orders, and deliver meals directly to your vehicle. Look for signs or staff at each of the locations for pick up spots!
These meals will be provided under the model of the Summer Food Service Program, with the following
• All children ages 0-18 will be served at any location listed above. (Schoenbar will be the main
hub for food distribution.)
• Children must be present in order to pick up a meal, in accordance with federal requirements.
• Meals will be provided based on the current March Lunch Menu, posted on the district’s website.
• Children and their parents will be allowed to pick up both meals (breakfast & lunch or lunch &
snack) at each of the open pick up times, 2 meals per student/child per day.
• Students and children receiving meals must provide names upon pick up.
• If students and children with food allergies or meal modifications plan to receive a meal, their
parent and/or guardian/caregiver will need to RSVP to Food Service Manager no later than the
morning of meal service to be prepared by the lunchtime distribution period: Call 907-228-7215
or email firstname.lastname@example.org